This Day In Clement's History: Service staffs
23.9.05
11:03 PM


I shall begin my this post with some strange service staff I encountered today...

I went over to Toa Payoh Crystal Jade Kitchen.. the food was alright.. not excellent nor was it bad.. There was this auntie who is a normal working staff there.. she could anticipate our needs beforehand (she asked whether the leftovers need to be wrapped up thrice without even us aking) and served us with a great smile and passion.. I must praise her for that.. Her supervisor, on the contary, was far from it... I assumed by their dress code, she seems to be lacking the professionalism, despite her position.

The supervisor was serving us the skin for the Bejing duck (the one you would need to wrap up with some skin and celery)..
Firstly
.. Working in a chinese restaurant the most basic thing is to know how to hold a simple pair of chopsticks in the proper (or rather correct) manner... She doesn't..
Secondly
, if she can't hold the pair of chopsticks properly and yet wrap the skin in a nice and secure manner.. I would have nothing to complain about.. However.. She failed in doing so and as i ate the dish.. the celery fell out from the wrapping (Please don't tell me my mouth has a hole or whatsoever)..
Thirdly
, As the duck was placed on our table.. (as we did not know it at first).. she pointed it out to us using her chopsticks as the pointer.. A rude gesture in chinese customs..
Lastly,
as there was no sets of 3 meals.. we ordered a set meal for 4 persons, upon delivering the desserts for example, she could have asked whether we need to packet the fourth bowl as there was obviously not a fouth person on our table.. but she didn't, she just simply placed the dessert on our table and left.. How blind can she get..

Not that I'm particular about the third point.. but what would a typical Chinese tourist encounter this kind of service? So much for promoting a Uniquely Singapore with this kind of service.. We would be the laughing stock in their point of view.. Ok.. Maybe i exaggerated it slightly but well.. it is still possible if that particular tourist brings back the exprience he/she had in Singapore and spread it around his/her circle of friends.. Who knows what kinda of version she/he might even be narrating about it...

After some walking around and stuff.. I headed over to delifrance to have some dessert.. i was next in the queue and there were 3 staffs behind the counter.. Strangely enough.. I was invisible! All 3 of them just attended to the (diffcult and demanding) customer that was infront of me.. nothing unusual but 3 to 1 customer? Not very efficient huh..

Anyway.. I ordered a Chocolate Frappe (it was ordinary anyway) ice blended.. The staff poured in some mixture and began blending it.. After some time, I received my cup and she realised that there were quite alot leftover.. So, she poured some into a cup and stored it inside the frigde.. Took out another smaller cup, poured the rest into it and drank from there right infront of the customer and smiled cheekily at her colleague! Omg.. I didn't realised Delifrance had such good staff benefits.. i should apply for part time positions there as there is free coffee to be drunk.. ha!

Quirky service staffs.. haha.. Here's another quirky newspaer report from today's Today..

Farmer hurt in cockup: A newly-wed Romanian farmer hurt his penis after his ogled his young wife while carrying a heavy sack of grain, according to ananova.com. Farmer Gheorghe Popa, 52, from Galati, had been moving grain sacks to the barn when he stopped to watch his 25-year-old wife hang up the laundry. But he became over-excited and dropped the sack on his erected penis, snapping its vital tendons and ligaments.

Moral of the report: Do one thing at a time

Haha.. Alright.. Now for an update about my last few days.. Took 2 out of the 4 papers I am tested.. I'm pretty confident of the papers.. Next Tuesday would be Maths (not very stable this time round) followed by Analog Systems (a cicuit module where calculation is needed on various parts of it) on Thursday.. After that.. It would be all over!.. yay~!

Playing soccer tomorrow.. Hoping for a fair result.. haha.. cya~!